July 31, 2018
Welcome back to the BuckWHAT! Blast. I’m so excited to share our first recipe with you. It’s something I literally eat almost every day.
Buckwheat is incredibly versatile. It can be served as a side dish, in a salad, in a smoothie….you name it. Because of its nutritional benefits, it doesn’t require much effort for buckwheat and a few other ingredients to make a tasty, highly nutritious, and filling meal.
Basic buckwheat is super easy to make:
- Combine 1 cup toasted buckwheat groats with 1 3/4 cups water
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes
- Allow to stand 2- 3 min, fluff with fork, and enjoy
I usually make a big batch early in the week and then use it to make my absolute favorite lunch every day. I top buckwheat with:
- Sliced Avocado (the Trader Joe’s teeny tiny ones are my favorite)
- A chopped hard boiled egg
- Some greenery or herbs
- Finish it off with a nice coating of extra virgin olive oil, Maldon sea salt and Bragg’s nutritional yeast
And, of course, I follow that with a BuckWHAT! Cocoa Nosh for dessert 🙂